If you are looking for the best of both worlds i.e. ease of deployment like on Heroku and effectively scalability / price competitiveness as with AWS, you may refer Ninefold for this. Ruby on Rails Development Services are agile and provides a number of platform where one can host an app easily.
Hosting Ruby on Rails app
- DigitalOcean is exactly what you need. It usually starts with a cost of $ 5 per month. It is really affordable, comes with great documentation and has full control over the instance compared to heroku. It is a developer leaning cloud VPS provider at regular shared hosting charges.
- A2 Hosting is just another hosting service. It is a cutting edge provider with Ruby on Rails on their Shared hosting and VPS plans.
- Site 5 is a shared and cloud VPS provider who has 20 datacenters round the sphere and Ruby on Rails on their shared hosting and VPS plans.
- Liquidweb is a premium priced / premium service provider with Ruby on Rails support on their VPS and Dedicated plans.
- HostGator is a huge shared hosting provider with Ruby on Rails support on all their shared plans.
- Heroku and EC2 are both upright selections. Heroku is very virtuous at extracting many specifics on setting up your server. However, this comes at the cost of a complex monthly fee for paid facilities, limited plugins, limited plugin versions, and no static storage. You may develop your app requiring a certain version of a plugin, and Heroku may not support it.
- EC2 is a nice option, but you will have to set things up yourself. But, this is just purchasing time on a server using your own VM, so it is like taking a remote computer to SSH into and control. It must also be noticed that Heroku itself is built on top EC2. So, if you are just beginning with rails apps, Heroku is best for you. If you are a bit more advanced, you can consider and compare both EC2 and Heroku, and select that most satisfies you.
- Heroku is excellent for your needs and is one of the easiest hosting platforms you can ever work with. Sure, it’s a little work to get used to the read-only file system, but there are impractical amounts of resources on how to do that, many of them in the form of nicely pre-packaged gems.
Read More – What is the difference between Ruby & Ruby and Rails (web framework)?
You have so many places to host your Ruby on Rails apps. EC2, Digital Ocean and Heroku are best recommended for use. You can also go with other services like Site 5, Liquidweb, HostGator and many more. It would actually depend on what services you want to use. If you are a fresher, you must go with Heroku. If you have knowledge, go accordingly that suite your best to your skill. Hosting an app is not a difficult task, but to host in accordance is a task of choice and is an indication of healthy development skills.
Ruby is a language and Rails is a framework written in Ruby (the language). You may think Ruby as the programming language for a website such as a wordpress blog. So, think of Rails as the Plugins you put into the wordpress site. A true and appropriate statement would be, Ruby on Rails Development Services.
Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Many new programmers are still unsure about the difference between Ruby & Ruby on Rails. Ruby is just a language. Ruby on Rails is a framework that uses and depends on the Ruby programming language. You may think of a framework as a group of pre-written code to support programmers. In this case, the Rails framework is a group of pre-written code to help programmers make websites and web applications.
- If you are still confused, consider the example of making a sandwich. You simply add a slice of meat, cheese, and lettuce to two slices of bread. But where did the bread come from? It is easier to get pre-sliced bread from the grocery store instead of baking your own bread using flour and water. Comparing to this, the Ruby programming language is flour and water & Pre-sliced bread is the Ruby on Rails framework.
- You could write something just using some ruby as Ruby is a language. Rails framework will give you a way of organizing your code and provides an easy way of adding lots of additional functionality.
- While Ruby is a Ruby language, Rails is am application development framework, with a focus on web Application Development. Rails uses the MVC configuration, which delimits areas of obligation in the application as follows:
- M – Model
- V – View
- C – Controller
- The disciplines involved in creating the UI (User Interface) are significantly dissimilar from that involved in Data Modeling, which again differ from coding the Business Logic. By separating those simply using the MVC patterns means that different people, with different basic skills can work on each range without inevitably dependent on each other.
- Ruby is a good general purpose programming language, because it is easy to learn and read, and has some very powerful features. With Ruby, you can write all sorts of programs, from desktop applications to command line scripts for automating actions on a computer. Rails is a set of tools and abstractions that makes writing web applications easier and helps make them simpler to maintain.
Read More – Which Macbook is better for Ruby on Rails Development Services?
A web application is a precise type of program that runs on a remote computer. It is an application that receives requests over http, generally from users on web browsers, and replies with HTML or another data format. So basically, Ruby is a language and Rails is a web application framework. Ruby on Rails Development Services is one of the largest employed services for programming and web development. Ruby can help you in writing, while Rails can help you arrange the codes. Together, Ruby on rails is the strongest web application framework.
There are number of Macbook available for Ruby on Rails Development Services. Macbook Pro is good; otherwise it would depend on your budget. If money is no problem, get the latest Macbook Pro, this is what the latest these days.
Macbook for Ruby on Rails Development Services
- By far the most important characteristic is RAM (below 8 GB is out of the question). Since they all come with a cool SSD HD second would probably be CPU. You can attach it to an external screen so you don’t have to get a huge screen and OS is not an issue since you can upgrade to the latest easily.
- Get the new Macbook Pro 15”. It has plenty of RAM that allows you to expand your dev environment with virtual machines.
- You can use Macbook Air 2014, HP 23-inch IPS LED Display, External Apple Keyboard and external mouse. And your work station is ready for the ROR development and any other stack as well.
- Any reasonable modern computer can run the Rails stack just fine. You could pick whichever the inexpensive or the one with the leading screen- screen space is always at a first-class. Biggest screen (Retina display if possible, the texts looks good), 4 to 8 GB RAM. Maybe a SSD and whichever macbooks fits will work great. Actually Rails will work great with most Mac Books.
- Though Macbooks makes a great laptop for web development, it really is not necessary. But still, if you would like to purchase, a preliminary model of a macbook pro would be more than enough for Ruby on Rails development as you barely use RAM eating software in Rails development. Memory will be necessary to be able to run multiple processes directly in memory.
- If price range is not an issue, you can go with Macbook Retina. Modern laptops. 2010 and up, will be ok to most Rails tasks. Retina will make an actual step up, with the flash disk and the incredible display. Try one at your neighboring mac shop or maybe with a friend. It is really a delight to write code on any editor of your and the disk speediness will be a huge difference in a lot of tasks, both dev and non-dev.For intensive tasks you need the i7 processor which in some cases you will encounter quite often.
Read More – Is the demand for Ruby on Rails Development Services showing decline?
Window is undoubtedly not a fit platform to develop Ruby on Rails applications. It lacks too many features, so, even moving to an entry level Macbook is always better than a PC. If money is not at all an issue, get a Macbook Pro Retina with i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM because Retina doesn’t tire your eyes. You will notice the difference between any other standard screen and a retina one, after a while using a retina display you will notice that you won’t be as eager as before to attach an external monitor unless is a retina monitor.