The major benefit that the developers feel is its non-dependence on sysadmin, not even for a part time role. Once you have set it up to work, it just runs. Microsoft is innovating at a much slower pace than Amazon, which is a bit of a problem. Azure Application Development Services stands for all assistance that is required for development and deployment.
Window Azure as a possible deployment platform
- It will take a couple of days to get really familiar with Azure and it is a little quirks. It is a bit of learning curve but once you are past that you can develop for it like you do for normal net websites.
- As concerned with pricing, Microsoft is still struggling with understanding pricing. They have done a great job with SQL Azure but completely missed the boat with pricing for their NoSQL store, which is priced transaction. Now, pricing for NoSQL does not work for really large scale sites, although it is assumed that you can talk to Microsoft directly about that when you have that much traffic.
- As concerned with logging / Tracing, they exist but there are only few tools there that support it. Well, it is expected to do more in few more years.
- Continuous deployment is a real pain right now. The whole of Microsoft stack is not really designed for lean startups so you have to cut a lot of corners to make that happen. It takes a lot of time but it is somewhat doable.
- You never get a perfect solution in technology. Similarly, Azure has been a good choice for you but you can also be equally comfortable in choosing a platform like Heroku.
- It is one of the recommended platforms to go. The main advantage is that it is a platform as a service vs infrastructure as a service. The biggest deal is that there is no sysadmin requirement and start-up is easy.
- AzureWatch is built on Azure and provides dynamic scaling service for Azure apps. But it is to be kept in mind, lack of need for sys-admins is a key strategic difference between Azure and OaaS clouds.
You can use Azure to build start-up on. Using Microsoft will alleviate concerns about using the cloud. We don’t believe that Microsoft will innovate as quickly as AWS but our customers aren’t innovating in the technology sphere. For any other queries related to deployment, you can consult our developer team at laitkor.com helpdesk.